Better You. Better Life.
ACE Salt Water Sanitizing System
Back Pain Relief
Endless Pools Blog
Heart Related Benefits
Hot Spring Spas
Hot Spring Spas Blog
Hot Tub Buyers Guide
Hot Tub Care
Hot Tub Lifestyle
Hot Tubs and Health
Olympic Hot Tub News
- Ferns—Ferns are a terrific choice. They thrive in shady and damp environments, so having them around your swim spa will be a great addition. They’re relatively low-maintenance plants that don't require a lot of sunlight. Having ferns around your swim spa creates a lush and natural environment while also providing some privacy.
- Hostas—I love hostas. They’re a fantastic plant sporting large leaves that come in a variety of colors, and they grow well in shady areas. Hostas are low maintenance and do well in areas with high humidity, making them a perfect addition around your swim spa.
- Rhododendrons—Rhodies are a Northwest staple. We had a number of these in our yard when I was growing up. They bloom in the spring and come in shades of red, white, pink and purple. They’re an ideal choice in the Northwest, as they’re evergreen and grow well in a damp shady climate.
- Hydrangeas—Hydrangeas are relatively easy to grow and thrive in the Pacific Northwest's damp climate. These lovely flowers come in a variety of shades, such as white, pink, or blue. Having a few pots of hydrangeas around your swim spa will add some brightness and color to your outdoor space.
- Bamboo--If you're looking for a plant to add some privacy to your swim spa area, bamboo is a great option. You can plant bamboo that grows quickly and makes for a fantastic natural fence. I, however, would make sure to plant bamboo in pots so it doesn’t run rampant in your backyard!
- Get stronger. The resistance provided by water helps you get a complete workout without putting too much strain on your joints. You’ll strengthen your core, build and tone muscles, and up your endurance. Swimming, working out with the resistance bands and more will have you feeling stronger than ever.
- Get in a good mood. While exercise in general helps to improve your mood, swimming makes getting that exercise much more enjoyable. Research done with 700 participants who swam outside experienced a noticeable reduction in depression and negative thinking. The endorphins that get released during a swim will help improve your mood and help reduce stress.
- Get better sleep. Getting aerobic exercise is known to help promote sleep and improve quality of sleep. Why not do that with a daily swim?
- Get your heart healthy. No one likes a broken heart, and swimming will definitely keep your heart from breaking! Swimming will help with blood pressure and reduce inflammation in the body. A study done with a group of adults with hypertension participated in water aerobics program for ten weeks. At the end of the study, significant reductions in systolic blood pressure resulted. It has also been shown to improve resting heart rate.
- Get reconnected. An Endless Pool in your backyard gives you, your friends, and your family a whole new way to enjoy your backyard. Reconnecting with friends and loved ones—regardless of how you do so—definitely helps with mental health. Your swim spa can be a great place to teach kids to swim, have an impromptu pool party, a girls’ night, graduation celebration, birthday parties… It can become the focal point of plenty of fun and great memories.
- Spa Caddy—A Spa Caddy is an ideal gift for moms who love to spend hours relaxing in the hot tub. This handy accessory will keep all your mom's essentials in one place while in the hot tub. From drinks and snacks to phones and books, the caddy is versatile and practical. Ours installs easily to the side of the tub.
- Spazazz Aromatherapy—What’s better than soaking in a hot tub? Igniting your senses with aromatherapy! We’re the largest retailer of Spazazz Aromatherapy in the U.S. There are a wide array of scents to choose from, and each will help enhance soaking. And, it’s no surprise that the Lab Collection from Spazazz infused w/CBD are among our bestsellers. Moms tend to be on the run all day and certainly deserve a relaxing soak once it comes to a close. Adding Spazazz to a soak will make it even more therapeutic.
- A Luxe Hot Tub Robe—Your mom will appreciate one of Olympic’s comfortable and luxurious robes when stepping out of the hot tub. Our waffle-knit robe is made with 45% modal, making it incredibly soft and cozy. A hot tub robe is a practical and relaxing accessory that your mom will appreciate.
- Shatterproof Drinkware—We love the line of drinkware we came across at a trade show years ago. Made of sturdy polycarbonate, they’re dishwasher safe and nearly impossible to chip or break! Perfect for the hot tub, but also outstanding for picnics, the beach, on the boat and more. We have three styles available: stemless wine, Pilsner, and a rocks glass. They’re great!
- Hot Tub Umbrella—This is a terrific enhancement to your hot tub! The umbrella we carry is made by Leisure Concepts right here in Washington. And, unlike a lot of hot tub or patio umbrellas, this one is made in America! It’s terrific design allows you to swing it over the hot tub when you want some shelter or shade, and can swing away from the tub for use over nearby patio furniture. It also has rechargeable LED lighting in its center when you want a little bit of extra light. Available in four great colors that complement most backyard settings.
Take the next step
Get all your hot tub and swim spa questions answered.