Do you own a hot tub? Are you sure you want to buy your parts online?
July 18, 2017 – Ah, the Internet…where anyone… can buy anything… anytime they want. As fun or scary as that sounds, some of our customers have come to realize that the freedom to buy cheaper hot tub parts online doesn’t ensure they’re better parts…or even the right parts.
Just about every week our Service Center receives inquiries from customers about the price of hot tub parts. And once in a while, when we mention the price, there is a pause on the other end of the line before this reply… ‘Gee, that’s a lot more than it’s going for online’.
Yes, the prices may be higher when you purchase from Olympic Hot Tub, but there is a reason. You’re getting more than just “any old part”:
- We guarantee the part we sell you is an OEM part that came directly from Hot Spring Spas.
- You are assured that you’ll receive the right part or a factory authorized replacement.
- You’re protected because all parts purchased from us come with a one year warranty.
- You’ll receive helpful installation advice if you choose to install the part yourself.
- Our parts are factory authorized, which allows our service techs to install them if it turns out you need that service.
- You receive the peace of mind that comes from knowing the part will work correctly when installed correctly.
There is “value added” to the parts we sell that transcends the price…and that includes warranty, authenticity, service, expertise, and peace of mind.
Okay, this all sounds good, but you would still rather buy your parts online. If you’re willing to take that gamble, we urge you to keep these things in mind:
- Is the part you purchased “actually” an original Hot Spring part? Or is it a counterfeit part?
- Is the part new? Unused? Is it somebody else’s returned part? Is it a reboxed or misboxed part?
- If you have difficulty installing the part, who is going to help you? We are unable to give installation help or advice for parts that were not purchased from us, due to liability issues.
- If you install a part and it’s defective, then what?
- If the part fails 9 months from now, will it be covered under warranty? Chances are if the part was not supplied by an authorized Hot Spring dealer? Highly unlikely.
You did your due diligence when you decided to invest in a Hot Spring Spa. Can we assume that you feel just as strongly about getting the right replacement parts for your hot tub?
We hope you’ll put as much faith in Olympic Hot Tub with your parts and service needs as you did when you purchased your Hot Spring Spa from us. Just know that If and when you require assistance with your hot tub, we’ll be here for you. It’s the reason friends refer friends to Olympic.
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 20 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through hot water & sauna therapy.