Want to regain your youthful glow? Sauna!
May 26, 2017 – “Do I look fat? Don’t answer that!” If you care about how you look, you’re human to a fault. And in many cases you put your money where you wish your cellulite wasn’t. Even during the recession, cosmetic procedures and plastic surgery were a $10 billion industry. And that’s just what the high-rollers spent. We ponied up billions more for over-the-counter hair care, make up, and weight loss products. You can be sure that if it makes us look better and have a better self-image, we’re all in!
Want to know a secret? There’s a natural way to give yourself a makeover that could last a lifetime…make sauna use a daily ritual! From your toes to your nose and a few inches beyond, making regular sauna use part of your routine can give you that healthy, youthful glow. You will look better and feel better inside and out. Truth be told. If you owned a sauna, it could double as your very own personal “rejuvenation station”. Here’s what happens when you take a regular sauna:
- Bye-Bye Blemishes. When pores get blocked by body oils and dead skin cells, blackheads, pimples and other skin blemishes can flourish. A regular sauna session will open up your pores and make you sweat, and that helps expel all the accumulated oils and skin cells. The payoff? Your skin will look fresh, healthy, and glowing!
- You’re as young as you look. We think about working out to maintain our muscle tone, but putting the largest organ in our body through its paces can do wonders for our skin health as well. Regular sauna sessions increase blood flow and have a nourishing effect on our skin, flooding it with antibiotics while providing natural moisturizing and exfoliation. Elasticity is improved, helping small wrinkles and creases to vanish. There’s an additional benefit to sauna use that helps your head, which in turn helps your appearance, and that’s stress relief. When tension is reduced, so are the worry lines and dark circles under your eyes. There are facials, and then there is sauna… and there’s no comparison.
- Taking care of your hair. Sauna use encourages your body to do amazing things, and taking care of your hair is no exception. When you sauna, your scalp’s sebaceous glands are stimulated, releasing compounds that naturally moisturize and condition your hair. Who needs hair care in a bottle when you have a sauna?
- A gentle way to be heart healthy. A vigorous cardio workout at the gym is a foundation of good health, but it’s not for everyone. Some people, especially those recovering from heart attacks or with high blood pressure, need a gentler way to increase their heart rate. A sauna session can do just that by increasing your heart rate in a way that mimics a mild exercise cycle. (Please talk to your physician about sauna use if you suffer from either condition, or have any concerns about your health.)
- A weighty (or weigh less) subject. Saunas and their effect on weight loss has been a hot topic over the years, and studies abound regarding the calories lost per session. There is, however, another aspect of sauna use and the ensuing weight loss that may have far reaching benefits you may not be aware of. And it’s hormonal—saunas help to control the hormones that regulate our desire to eat. In a study conducted by Japan’s Kagoshima University on the effects of heat therapy, body fat fell 37%-42% collectively in the group. A side benefit was the reduction of hunger pangs curbing the desire to overeat or snack between meals.
Imagine having your very own “Sauna Salon”. How perfect is that? You can find out at any one of Olympic Hot Tub’s conveniently located Puget Sound area showrooms. Come on in and check out our entire line of Finnleo traditional steam, and far-infrared saunas. We’ll help you to feel better and look wonderful in no time at all!
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 20 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through hot water therapy.