Key Benefits of Hot Tubs for Hip Bursitis
A soak in your Hot Spring Spa can provide relief for hip pain caused by bursitis, an inflammation of a fluid sac at the joint. A 2004 study published in The Clinical Journal of Pain showed that hydrotherapy reduced pain and disability from osteoarthritis in the hip, typically treated like bursitis, and patients enjoyed improved quality of life for three months after the experiment. Warm water soothes and relieves the joint pain in many ways, whether in the soak by itself or alternated with cold showers (5 minutes hot, 30 seconds cold). You’ll want to adjust your tub to about 95 degrees and avoid getting in the tub during a flare-up – cold compresses are best until the swelling goes down and you can take advantage of your hot tub.
Here’s how the water helps relieve your hip bursitis, with thanks to the many suggestions on www.mybursitis.com:
- Soak in. Your body is already 75% water, so the soak poses no danger of allergies or irritation.
- Clean up. Water dissolves almost anything, so it leaves you feeling fresh and clean.
- Tap in. Water is a natural remedy.
- Lighten up. Floating reduces your body weight up to 90%, foiling gravity’s pressure on your joints, bones, and muscles.
- Ease in. A soak relieves stress, anxiety, and tension.
- Chill out. Heat, cold, and alternate applications can stimulate the immune system and provide anti-inflammatory relief with no side effects.
- Pump up. Warm water helps boost your blood flow, carrying nutrients and oxygen to the affected tissues and carrying wastes away.
- Feel good. The soak increases your production of natural endorphins that relieve pain and your body makes to relieve pain and elevate energy.
- Limber up. Stiff joints and tissues regain mobility.
- Work out. Exercise in the water is easier because of the buoyancy and more effective because of the water resistance.
- Jet. You can multiply the benefits of muscle relaxation and circulation boosts by aiming the spa jets at specific areas.
- Spice up. Try adding some therapeutic substances such as SpaZazz salts to your tub for enhanced benefits.
Let the water lift you, warm you, energize and heal you. Find your personal therapy hot tub for hip bursitis relief today at Olympic Hot Tub. Come on in and take a FREE test soak. After only one test soak & you’ll be a believer in the benefits of hot tubbing and what it can do for your health.
As the Romans said it, Sanum perAqua. Health through water.
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 20 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through hot water & sauna therapy.