7 Easy Does It Exercises For The Sauna
Hot Sauna Stretch-that’s what we call it. We advise that you exercise easy during your Finnleo sauna session. We’re not talking hot yoga here.
You can work up a sweat sitting still in the sauna. With a few stretching exercises, you can deepen your relaxation, improve your blood flow, and come out of the heat revived and rejuvenated. As always, check with your doctor if heat might be a problem. Be sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after, and keep your session to 15 or 20 minutes. Stop if you feel any dizziness or discomfort.
Try this simple routine of 7 exercises to unwind easily while the sauna keeps your muscles warm:
- Feels like flying. Stretch your arms up, palms out, and sweep them to your sides like you were making a snow angel. Take a deep breath and return to starting position as you exhale.
- Circle up. Rotate your arms in small, tight circles – five forward, five backward – while you sit or stand.
- Shrug it off. Shrugging is good shoulder exercise, especially if you sit at the computer all day. Up. Down. Repeat. You can also imagine that you’re brushing off the day’s annoyances.
- Stretch those hamstrings. Sit on a towel, stretch your legs forward, keep your spine straight, and lean as far as you can toward your feet, reaching with your arms. Hold that spot for 15 or 20 seconds, sit up, breathe, and lean again.
- Breathe with your abs. Use your stomach muscles to help you exhale slowly while you sit.
- Tiptoe up. Stand away from the seats, lift your whole body on tiptoes, hold for a count of one or two, and feel those calves getting stronger. Try a few times at first, then build up.
- Roll that neck. Sitting or standing, back straight, rest your chin on your chest and slowly roll your head to the right. Hold for 5 seconds, exhale while you roll back to the center, roll to the left, return, repeat as necessary for no more stiff neck.
Do you have favorite exercises you do in the sauna? Tell us about them.
The Good Sweat starts with a Finnleo Sauna from Olympic Hot Tub.
You’ll also like: