Hot Tub Filters-10 Things You Must Know to Keep Your Hot Tub Water Clean & Safe
Long-lasting, effective filters make your hot tub soak pure pleasure.
Hot tub filters are your friend.
They keep the bad stuff out of the water so you and your tub stay healthy.
They work hard. If you help them, they can even cut down how often you have to drain and fill your hot tub.
Here’s what to do to keep filters working properly and your water clean:
1. SWITCH. Right now, get on the SilkBalance program to maintain your hot tub water and keep filters in their best working order.
3. HIGH PRESSURE WASH. Every four weeks, rinse filters using the high-pressure nozzle on your garden hose – best with a Water Wand hose attachment. Don’t forget to unplug the hot tub, or turn off the breakers on 220v models, before removing the filters!
4. CLEAN. At least once a month, give the filters a thorough cleaning. Always clean when you drain and refill the hot tub for best water quality. To clean, spray with Seaklear Spa Filter Cleaner. Even filters that look clean can be clogged enough to cause flow and heater problems. You need dishwasher detergent or filter cleaner for a thorough cleaning that strips out oils and fine particles trapped in the pleats.
IMPORTANT: With the advent of SeaKlear’s new, better filter cleaner we recommend its use rather than putting your filters in the dishwasher. We no longer recommend filter cleaning in your dishwasher.
5. RETURN PROPERLY. When you return the clean filters to the compartment, make sure that fit properly so 100% of the flowing water is filtered.
6. SANITIZE. Always maintain proper water chemistry. Filters are the first step to clean water, but they do not kill bacteria.
7. EXTRA HELP. Use Scumbugs in your hot tub to absorb oils, eliminate the scum line and improve filter effectiveness.
8. TWO SETS ARE BETTER THAN ONE. Consider having two sets of filters, so one can be cleaning the hot tub while the other is getting a deep cleaning in Seaklear Filter Cleaner Soak. Now’s a good time to purchase another set while all Hot Spring filters are on sale.
9. RINSE OFF. Rinse off before using the hot tub to leave less work for the filters and make water care much easier.
10. BETTER FILTRATION. Switch to TRI-X filters-exclusive to Hot Spring Spas. A TRI-X filter filters 10 times more gallons per square foot than other filters and it provides over twice the filtration area of a standard filter – 65 square feet compared to 30 square feet. The TRI-X filter works not only by using the element’s surface area but also by using the media’s depth. With regular cleaning, TRI-X filters should last twice as long as regular filters.
Making sure your filters are working to keep everything unwanted out of your water is another reason to relax.
Health through Water, or as the Romans said: Sanum per Aqua.
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 20 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through hot water & sauna therapy.