Love to Hot Tub with A Good Book? 5 Tips To Make Hot Tub Reading Easier
Why just February 9th? Why not read every day in the hot tub?
If you’re like me, you’ve dropped many a good book in the water. Here’s the scoop on hot tub reading to make it easy to relax, read and keep your book dry while you soak:
1. WRAP YOUR KINDLE IN A PLASTIC BAG. For those of you who are afraid of dropping it in the water or getting it wet (a real concern), a zip lock plastic bag will keep your Kindle dry. It may be a little hard to read through the plastic. Good thing you can adjust the type size!
2. GET A WATERPROOF KINDLE COVER. Here’s an easy and inexpensive solution: get a waterproof Kindle cover so that you can make better use of your time in the hot tub and enjoy the time more besides!
Some covers protect your eReader from moisture and splashing (not waterproof) and some claim to protect your device from complete submersion. Take your pick.
3. DO THE OVER THE SIDE TWIST. You can put your book or newspaper on the deck surrounding the hot tub and twist around to read it. Not too much fun and uncomfortable for a long read.
4. GET WATERPROOF BOOKS. In August 2004, Charles Melcher patented the Durabook, a process for making waterproof books. His company, Melcher Media, published “Poolside” ($14), an immersible collection of short stories by Ernest Hemingway, Joyce Carol Oates, John Cheever and others. Durabooks makes some great waterproof books some featuring short stories by noted authors as well as some spicier tales.
The best one? “The Beach Book” with stories set on beaches. This book is like a mini-vacation.
5. Grab an AQUA Reader.Trying to read in the hot tub is challenging. Your book usually gets wet. Your arms get tired holding it aloft.
Print junkies rejoice! The Aquareader offers a stable, buoyant place for books, magazines, and reports. There’s even a built-in cup holder. Reading material stays dry and secure while you stay warm and comfortable on cold fall nights sitting upright or lounging with shoulders at or below water level.
You may never leave the tub! Warn your significant other that you may develop prune-toes. Aquareader- a must have from Olympic Hot Tub Company.
SANUM PER AQUA. Latin for Health through Water.
MORE ON OTHER MUST HAVES TO MAKE HOT TUB READING EASIER…
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 20 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through hot water & sauna therapy.