Hot Tub Bliss-5 Tips for Setting Up the Perfect Hot Tub Experience
It’s true that for many people being in a hot tub is the closest thing to perfection they’re apt to find in their daily life, but it can always get better, right?!
Check out these 5 ways to create the perfect hot tub environment! The right temperature, mood, company, refreshments and soak time will increase your enjoyment and put you on the road to hot tub perfection.
- Temperature- The optimum temperature for getting the most out of your backyard vacation is between 100 and 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Experiment within this range to find the perfect setting for your most enjoyable hot tub experience. My husband and I find that our hot tub temperature varies with the outside temperature. The colder it is, the hotter we like it. In the summer we turn it down. An old teacher of mine said that “consciousness loves contrast”. Right now we’ve set the temp at 104°. Yes, it does seem really hot when we first get in, but in a few minutes feels just right with the cold night air on our faces.
- Mood- Wash away the day in your hot tub. Go from grumpy to mellow in a few minutes. I think a hot tub is best enjoyed after a hard day at work when you really need it or right before bed. Although, there are some ardent morning fans, too. We turn off the lights and simply gaze up at the stars-trying to decide which is a star and which is a planet. We light some candles, too, and place them around the hot tub to provide a romantic ambiance for our rooftop escape. Adding some aromatherapy scents to the soak further enhances relaxation. Just make sure though that the product is specifically made for use in hot tubs. Go to our estore for the absolute best aromatherapy products “Being” which are especially formulated for hot tubs. Being isn’t greasy, won’t screw up your water chemistry AND the scents are heavenly. Being scents include: Enlighten with Lemon, Cypress, and Basil; Reflect with Lavender and Geranium; Uplift with Green Tea, Ginger and Lime; Awaken with Tangerine and Grapefruit; and, Release with Chamomile and Clary Sage. Order today from our E-Store.
- Company- What would the essence of a hot tub experience without someone to share it with? The soothing warmth of the water is best enjoyed in the company of a loved one I think. The setting creates an ideal opportunity for quiet conversation. My husband and I never run out of things to talk about in our Hot Spring Spa. It’s so relaxing that any potential disagreements get melted away before they flare into argument.
- Refreshments- It is important to stay hydrated during the soak, but alcohol is not hydrating and not recommended. Alcohol in the tub creates some adverse health risks. Many people do drink wine, beer or something stronger when they first get a new tub. Typically they feel so awful the next day that they’re cured from every drinking in the tub again. The relaxation and, perhaps, detoxification are the chief benefits of hot tubing, so try light beverages. Even some of the new relaxation drinks. We like icy cold San Pellegrino or iced tea in summer.
5. Soak Time– Not too long; not too short. 20 Minutes is just about right. Medical Studies have shown that over-exposure to excess heat is dangerous to one’s body, so don’t risk it. A moderate soak in a hot tub is advised. Limit the time to twenty minutes or so. You can always come back for a second or third dip. The benefits of improved circulation, cardiac output and purifying your body toxins make it so worthwhile. I had a nasty fall a few months ago which was quite painful, i.e. I could barely walk or sit in a chair. I stayed in bed all the next day except for 3 trips to the hot tub for 20 minutes each time. The result: pain greatly diminished and I could walk and sit without wincing!
Talk about a miracle cure!
So, forget that pending resort or spa jaunt or that expensive trip to Paris next year. For real perfection, enjoy a vacation right in your backyard everyday! The hot tub is a gift you’ll open everyday!
Create your own backyard sanctuary now by installing a hot tub which will give you years of enjoyment with family and friends.
And, you’re just in time for our Year End Clearance Sale on all hot tubs and saunas including demos & floor models. Hurry into one of our stores for the best selection.
RES EST SEVERA VOLUPTAS. Pleasure is a serious business!
Author: Don Riling