Hot Tub Winterization. Attention Snowbirds: 5 Things You Must Do Before You Head to the Sun
SNOWBIRDS: Don’t let your hot tub freeze over the winter while you’re basking in the sun. You know you’ll want to come home and soak in your Hot Spring Spa next spring. Here are some tips from our service center on what to do to winterize your hot tub:
1. CHECK YOUR OWNERS’ MANUAL FIRST. Follow the instructions in your Owners’ Manual for draining. Lost your Owners’ Manual? Check out our Olympic Hot Tub Company website for one that corresponds to your model. Not sure which model you own? Call our Service Center 8-5 Monday-Friday 206 431-2876.
2. DRAIN CAPS. Do not replace the drain caps after draining. You’ll want any remaining moisture in the plumbing lines to evaporate.
3. FILTERS. Clean the filters with SeaKlear Filter Cleaner. Easy & effective. Leave them in a dry space over the winter. Do not re-install in the tub. The damp will cause them to mildew and you’ll have to buy new ones before starting up your hot tub in the spring. Filters looking old & worn? Buy new ones before you leave and you’ll be ready to start up your tub the minute you get home.
4. REMOVE ALL WATER. Wet vacuum any water that’s left in the bottom of the tub after draining. And, use that vac to suction all water out of the plumbing lines. The less water in the lines the lower your chances of coming home to cracked plumbing lines.
5. CLEAN! Give the shell a good cleaning. We still love GelGloss. It’s our top selling cleaner & polish in one.
6. TOO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT? DON’T WANT TO DO IT YOURSELF? If you’ve got too much on your mind and don’t want to do-it-yourself, call our Valet Crew. They’re pros who can do the job quickly and efficiently. For a one time winterization, they’ll drain, clean and detail the hot tub shell. Clean the filters. Clean and condition the cover. Clean the cabinet. Wet vacuum out the jets, drain and suction lines as well as the bottom of the hot tub so there’s no water left to freeze in the foot well.
SNOWBIRD SPECIAL: Save $50. on a complete winterization of your hot tub. Your hot tub will sparkle. No muss, no fuss on your part. And, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing your hot tub won’t freeze. It will be ready for clean water when you come home next spring. What a treat! Only $199. Call the Service Center today: 206 431-2876.
RES EST SERVAS VOLUPTAS. Pleasure is serious business.
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 20 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through hot water therapy.