Olympic Hot Tub & Sauna Blog “Hot Tub Bliss” Celebrates 3rd Anniversary
As Hot Tub Bliss celebrated it’s 3rd Anniversary last month, I see 490 posts in the 36 months since July 2008. That’s an accomplishment I never dreamt would happen when I started writing. But the writing as well as researching topics for the blog has turned into a real passion.
Nancy Juetten, my friend & mentor, encouraged me for almost 6 months before I agreed. Her friendly persistence finally wore me down. One day I just started with the idea of the hot tub “epiphany”. I hoped that readers would go from “Ahh”-the sound one makes when sinking into the hot swirling waters to “AHAH!”-the sound that escapes when a new idea strikes. I’m all about inspiration! I wanted my blog to be an exploration of the hot tub lifestyle as well as a revelation of all of the many health benefits.
So why am I happy that Nancy cajoled me into blogging?
- Blog posts are the repository of everything I know about hot tubbing! After 34 years in the hot tub business, I’ve found that I have more expertise on the product, it’s benefits and lifestyle than just about anyone. I have no lack of material and the blog is a perfect platform for writing down what I know.
- Blog posts are training tools. When we hire new sales staff, we point them to the blog: “Here’s just about every thing you need to know about hot tubbing.” The best new sales people really “get” that it’s an important tool which they can learn from and share with customers.
- Blog posts have helped me learn more! Searching the Internet on various blog topics and listening to customers’ questions & concerns, I’ve learned a lot. I’ve found new ways to approach topics and found that I might not have the definitive last word. If there’s a better way to do something, I’m on it!
- Blog posts have connected me with hot tub owners all over the country. I’ve received questions from hot tub owners or prospective owners asking my advice on “all things hot tub and sauna”. The back and forth exchange has been invaluable for hearing what’s on people’s minds and lead to new blog posts. One email from a man in New Hampshire about traumatic brain injury led to a whole series on the benefits of hot tubbing for TBI with data from the most respected researcher in the field.
- Blog posts are a quick way to update and transmit information. Because blog posts are short and I post three times a week, I can publish new information, health studies, product updates quickly.
Am I a blogging expert? No, I’m still learning every day. But, the fact that I’m not an expert on blogging doesn’t mean I can’t share what I know and inspire others. I’ve found blogging fun, energizing and useful for building our business and a creative outlet I never knew I needed!
Hope you’ve enjoyed Hot Tub Bliss blog. Have any questions about hot tubs or saunas you’d like answered? Ideas for post topics always appreciated. Send your questions in via the comment box. And, thanks to every one of my readers and all of your who have posted comments on articles.
SANUM PER AQUA. Latin for Health through Water.
Author: Don Riling