Two Person Hot Tubs Are Best Sellers
1. Entertaining is “out”. “It’s only for the two of us”, say new buyers. At Olympic Hot Tub we recently sold a triangular Hot Spot TX two-person hot tub to an older couple that were downsizing from a deeper spa that used a lot more water. Because they had no plans to host company in their hot tub, a tub with room for just the pair of them was the perfect fit — both in terms of size and price.
That sale exemplifies the growing popularity of compact hot tubs over the last few years. In fact, the Jetsetter is the #1 selling Hot Spring Spa model and it seats 2-3 comfortably.
2. The shrinking backyard. It’s a nationwide trend that baby boomers are downsizing to smaller homes. As baby boomers get older and move into townhouses and condominiums, two-person hot tubs make a better fit in very small yards, patios, terraces and balconies.
3. The new frugality. And with the recession, people don’t want to go big. Frugality is in. Because of their smaller size, two-person spas are less expensive. Buyers get all of the pleasures of a big hot tub-like jets– in a smaller size.
4. Craving simplicity! Hot Spring offers versions of smaller tubs in many shapes making it easy for down sizers to find one that fits into their outdoor space. The simplicity offered by these hot tubs has also been a big selling point, too.
5. Single women create a home refuge. The smaller units appeal to a new demographic: single women. For one, women are accustomed to taking baths, and want a similar experience from a hot tub. The trend is that women are not waiting [anymore] for a prince (to marry) in order to fix up their homes. A two person hot tub is easy to buy and own. If they meet a Mr. Right down the line,they can soak together!
RES EST SERVA VOLUPTAS. Pleasure is serious business.
Thanks for reading Hot Tub Bliss. We hope you went from “Ahhhh” to “A-Ha”! Be sure to ‘Like’ our Facebook Page and follow Olympic Hot Tub Company and Hot Tub Bliss on Twitter.
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 20 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through hot water & sauna therapy.