Spring Cleaning? Check the ozonator in your hot tub or spa to make sure it’s working!
Have you checked the ozone generator in your hot tub lately? Most spas/hot tubs built in the last ten years do have an ozonator built-in.
DID YOU KNOW THAT YOUR SPA OZONATOR NEEDS TO BE REPLACED EVERY 18-24 MONTHS? If you don’t replace it, you’re losing the most important part of the sanitation system for keeping your spa clean & pure for bathing. Just because you see bubbles doesn’t mean it’s working. More on that later.
- Spa ozone is the most powerful oxidizer and disinfectant that can be safely used in spas. It kills all known bacteria, viruses, yeasts and a lot of other things you don’t want to know about.
- Ozone offers an alternative to heavy doses of traditional chemicals such as bromine and chlorine. Ozone can’t completely eliminate these chemicals, but it drastically reduces the required amounts.
- Ozone is a safe, proven technology. It leaves no chemical taste or smell, it’s environmentally sound and it’s gentle on your equipment. In fact, the only by-product of ozone is pure oxygen.
- Ozone eliminates chloramines, the smelly, irritating, toxic by-product of chlorine.
- Ozone oxidizes (burns off) problem compounds often found in spas such as hydrogen sulfides and iron manganese.
- Ozone helps shock your spa to get rid of oils and other organic compounds that combine to make the unsightly “spa scum ring” and when left untreated require more chemicals to make your spa clean.
What kind of Ozone should I get?
There are two kinds of ozone generators. One uses UV (Ultra Violet light energy) and the other uses CD (Corona Discharge electrical energy). UV light mimics sunlight. Unfortunately, UV lamps produce a low output that continues to diminish the minute it is turned on. So, we do not recommend UV ozone. On the other hand, CD energy is more like lightning in a bottle. It is highly concentrated, uses less much energy than UV, is safe and is perfect for producing ozone in spas. Therefore, we recommend and sell corona discharge ozone units only.
Is Ozone all I need to sanitize and keep my spa water clean?
The quick answer is “no” but you can eliminate much of your customary sanitizer and shock with a properly functioning ozonator. The perfect combination with ozone is SilkBalance natural water care for spas and hot tubs. Environmentally safe, SilkBalance works constantly in conjunction with the ozonator to keep spa water pure. You will still need to add a small amount of sanitizer such chlorine or combined chlorine & shock. The EPA has not approved any sanitary system that does not include at least some amount of chlorine or combined chlorine and shock.
Spring Special on Ozonators at Olympic Hot Tub Company! Get set for spring and summer with a new ozonator for the cleanest water.
REPLACE YOUR OZONATOR NOW AND SAVE $150.
Ozone works by injecting millions of tiny, highly concentrated ozone bubbles into the water, neutralizing contaminants on contact for cleaner water and fewer chemicals. SPRING CLEANING SPECIAL $225.00
with FREE shipping. Full instructions for DIY. OR $325. includes installation in Puget Sound Area. Call the Service Center to order 206431-2876. Or online at Olympic Hot Tub Company’s on linestore.
30 SECOND OZONE DETECTION KIT
DISTURBING FACT: Research indicates that up to 60% of older ozone generators are not producing sufficient levels of ozone for sanitation. The presence of bubbles from the spa’s ozone jet does not indicate adequate production of ozone. Is your ozone generator functioning properly? Find out now! Regularly $12.95. Save $2.00 Now only $10.95. Buy the Ozone Detector.
If it shows you don’t have adequate ozone and you buy a new ozonator from Olympic Hot Tub Company, the kit is yours…FREE!
206 431-2876 or online.
SANUM PER AQUA. Latin for Health through Water.
Thanks for reading Hot Tub Bliss. We hope you went from “Ahhhh” to “A-Ha”! Be sure to ‘Like’ our Facebook Page and follow Olympic Hot Tub Company and Hot Tub Bliss on Twitter.
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 20 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through hot water & sauna therapy.