Fall is around the corner…is your hot tub ready?
September 8, 2020 – It’s Labor Day…! With all that’s been happening, it feels like we’re on an escalated timeline, doesn’t it?
Soon we’ll be experiencing cooler temps, crisp mornings, falling leaves…all the signs that fall is nearly here. Is your hot tub ready to greet you during the coming season? With hot tubbing being more important than ever, you’ll want to be sure your tub is ready to take care of you! That requires you taking care of it first. Here are some things to think about to get your hot tub set for the coming season.
- How’s your hot tub cover? You want a cover in good shape to help keep things energy efficient. A cover that’s water logged can’t do its job, and it makes it far harder to remove when you’re ready to soak. Don’t be one of those that waits too long and allows the cover to cause damage to siding or a cover lifter! If you need a new cover, best to order it soon. If your cover is okay for the coming season, be sure to clean the interior with baking soda, scrubbing the seams to eradicate mildew. Clean the top of the cover with mild dishwashing liquid. Then, condition the exterior vinyl with 303 Protectant.
- Are your filters in good shape? I’m always stunned how long some wait until they replace hot tub filters. The filters are one of the hardest working components of your tub! If they are too old or too dirty, they can restrict flow to the heater and other components, preventing your tub from maintaining its set temperature. Filters should be cleaned monthly with a good filter cleaner. If you have one or two filters in your tub, they should be replaced about every two years. If you have more filters than two, they should be replaced every 2-3 years.
- Fresh water is a must. Take the time now to give your tub a good drain and clean. A terrific product to use before draining your tub is Clean Start. We love this product! It’s designed to deep clean and sanitize your tub at the same time. It will reach the plumbing and parts inaccessible to you ensuring your tub is as clean as can be when you drain and refill with fresh water.
- Do an inventory of your water care products. Do you have enough sanitizer? Shock? Balancing products? If you use a silver ion cartridge or @ease Mineral Purifier & SmartChlor cartridges, are you stocked? If you need anything and want to make it easy on yourself, check out our E-Store. We have everything you’ll need, and shipping is free on orders of $50 or more!
- Is your ozone system working? If your tub has an ozone system, make sure it’s cleaned so you’re getting optimal ozone to your water. If it’s more than two years old, it’s a smart idea to test your ozone system. If you find it’s no longer operating, get a replacement ozone system
We’re enjoying quite the warm September in the Northwest over the next two weeks. It makes it the perfect time to get your tub some attention for fall. If you’re in our service area and want us to do the work for you, our Valet Team will come to the rescue. You can contact our Service Center for rates and scheduling.
Hot tubbing is essential to life at home these days! Make sure yours is ready to welcome you.
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 27 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through water.