Five great ways to enhance your self-care while hot tubbing
One thing that has become incredibly evident during the past six weeks: everyone is figuring out how much a hot tub can change their lives! It’s a wonderful thing to be able to help people who are realizing this finally get a hot tub at home for that valuable self-care. It’s more important than ever right now.
If you have a hot tub or are new to hot tubbing, here are five simple ways you can enhance your soak and get even more benefit from your hot water retreat. Try one or all of them. I guarantee you’ll feel even better when you emerge from your tub.
- Add aromatherapy. Good clean aromatherapy does wonders for you, and it’s really a gift when you soak. We remain big fans of Spazazz Aromatherapy at Olympic. It’s easy to use, won’t screw up your water care, and will filter out in a couple of days. A couple capfuls will be perfect for a soak. We’ve got a terrific array of scents on our E-Store. I especially like the Rx Series. Each is formulated to address a specific health need: Detox, Muscle, Joint & Sport. Try a couple of them. You’ll love it!
- Consider meditation. Hot tubbing helps your mind and body relax in ways nothing else replicates. It stands to reason that taking advantage of that warm escape would be of great benefit for meditation. Mediation reduces stress (might be a little important right now!), boosts your immune system (definitely important right now!), and absolutely helps with heart health.
- Try hot tub yoga. If you’re a yoga lover, there are several poses that lend themselves to hot tub yoga. I previously wrote about yoga in your hot tub, including some info on each of the three poses: the Cobra, the Stork and the Cross-Legged Twist. The hot water will enable you to relax and be as limber as ever to capitalize on these positions and elevate your time in the tub.
- Add a little music. The physiological response of the body in hot water is well-documented. So is the physiological response of music on our bodies. Combine the two, and you’ll feel like you’ve reached wellness nirvana. If you have a Hot Spring Spa with a Bluetooth Music System, you’re already set up to enjoy music from your smartphone or other Bluetooth enabled device. I’ve been a singer for most of my life. I know how much singing gladdens my heart. Listening to music while taking in a soak will definitely make you feel better.
- Take in nature. I’ve talked about the benefits of hot tubbing many times over the years. One benefit that always seems to rise to the top for many customers after they buy a tub from us is a new appreciation for nature. And, with what’s been going on these days, getting outside in a hot tub is not only safe, it also gives you a chance to appreciate our world. I remember stories from customers about hearing peeper frogs for the first time, seeing Orcas in Puget Sound, birds chirping in the new morn or evening dusk, and shooting star sightings. The heavens provide a fabulous vista when you soak. Take the time to look up.
There are so many terrific reasons that a hot tub is good for you. We’re thrilled to see so many people inquiring about a Hot Spring Spa for their home during this crazy time we’re all navigating. Regardless of what you may encounter as we forge our way through, I promise you a hot tub will make it all feel much better. And you will feel much better.
Stay safe and healthy.
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 27 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through water.