If you need a health advocate, look no further than your hot tub
January 20, 2020 – It is a challenge to find time in the day to take care of yourself. It’s way too easy to put the things we should do to keep ourselves healthy—enough sleep, the right food, exercise, human connections—on the backburner and just go-go-go.
Ultimately, all of that can take a toll on you and you’ll wake up one morning sick. Egads! Who’s got time for that?! Yet, we reap what we sow, and inattention to what I mentioned above can eventually lead to your body raising a white flag of surrender and forcing you to rest and recover.
We all need a health advocate. Truly, we should each be our OWN advocate to take care of us so we can be the very best version of ourselves.
If you have a hot tub, you should be jumping for joy! Your hot tub is one of the best advocates for your health and well-being. It can do more for you than it’s often given any credit for, and it’s worth mentioning here at the start of a New Year (and a new decade!). Here’s a short list of the ways a hot tub helps you remain healthy and centered.
- Better sleep. I talk often about how we don’t get enough sleep. Hot tubbing about an hour before bed will definitely help you get the most out of the hours of slumber you do afford yourself.
- Better back. If you have back pain (like me), regular hot tub soaks will help ease that pain, provide much-needed circulation to the muscles in your back and neck, and increase flexibility.
- Diabetes management. For Type 2 Diabetes, regular soaking helps your body with insulin production. It’s also vital to help increase circulation to your fingers and toes to help mitigate neuropathy.
- Relieve stress. It’s one of the number one culprits that robs you of sleep, induces headaches, and affects your digestion and immune system—and that’s just the start! Hot tubbing is a serious stress reducer, thanks to increased dopamine and serotonin production.
- Arthritis management. Hot water soaking has been proven to help with joint pain and stiffness. We have so many customers who swear by their hot tub and its ability to help them get through the day.
- Keep sickness at bay. Your immune system needs all the help it can get, especially in the winter months when cold and flu seem to always be ready to sneak in and make your life miserable. Daily hot tub soaks will help your body produce the necessary natural immunity defenses it needs to keep sickness away.
- Sickness recovery! If you do end up sick, it’s hot tub to the rescue! Soaking in hot water increases blood flow, opens up your pores to help your body rid itself of toxins, and creates a “false fever” by elevating your body’s core temperature. These will all be of benefit if you’re trying to exorcise that sickness and get back to a healthy you.
That’s a list of seven ways your hot tub can help you stay healthy—and that’s just the start. If you have a hot tub, perhaps this is not news to you. Or, maybe you’re thinking about finally getting a hot tub and wondering if there are enough good compelling reasons to make the investment.
One thing is certain: Regular soaks in a hot tub will make you feel better, look better, and live better. It could save you thousands of dollars by keeping you away from the doctor and the pharmacy. Truly, many of our customers feel the hot tub has been far cheaper than medical bills!
If you’ve thought about a hot tub, you need to visit one of our seven showrooms and check out our collection of Hot Spring Spas. You’ll not only love what you see, you’ll find once you own one that you’ll love how you feel.
Better you. Better life.
Doesn’t that sound terrific?
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 27 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through water.