New home, old hot tub? Do these 5-things before you soak!
Is there anything more exciting than moving into a new home? Well yeah! Moving into a new home with a hot tub! Before the boxes are even unpacked you’re ready to jump in for a soak in your private little backyard getaway, but hold on there! Before you can embrace your new palace of bubbly joy there are few steps you’ll want to take to truly make it your own.
- New filters are a must. Everything good, bad, or ugly tries to pass through the filter, so they work double-overtime to help keep your hot tub water crystal clean. If you’re the “next” owner of a previously used hot tub, you’ll want to replace those old filters with a brand new set. It doesn’t take much imagination to conjure up the reason why. We recommend that you clean your filters monthly with a good filter cleaner. For a complete listing of filters and filter cleaning supplies visit our E-Store.
- Start fresh and flush your hot tub. To flush, or not to flush? It’s not even a proper question. Flush! You deserve a clean, fresh hot tub. We recommend Clean Start by Silk Balance. Clean Start makes it easy to give your hot tub plumbing & parts a deep clean, ridding your tub of organic deposits that build up over time.
- It’s time for a tune up. Unless you’re a qualified hot tub tech it’s hard to know if you’re getting peak performance out of your “new” hot tub. We can solve the mystery with our EverCare® Hot Tub Tune-Up Service. One our licensed hot tub pros will give your hot tub a complete physical to make sure it’s in good working order. Schedule an appointment today.
- You’ll want a new hot tub cover. Undo the cover fasteners, brace yourself, and slowly push up to open the cover. Remember to lift with your legs. Chances are the cover hasn’t been changed in a while. If that’s the case, it will be waterlogged and heavy to lift. And it’s probably lost the ability to keep the heat in your hot tub where it belongs. If the cover doesn’t feel light and easy to lift contact our Service Center. We can provide you with a properly fitting energy-efficient new cover. If you’re interested in the “next level” of cover technology, consider a Smartop’s closed-cell insulation provides an energy-efficient thermal super seal that doesn’t retain moisture. You won’t find a better or longer-lasting hot tub cover than a Smartop.
- Get a little water care wisdom. You are not a mad scientist, and your hot tub is not a chemistry lab. Some of the folks who visit our stores didn’t get the memo. Before you start chucking this and that chemical into your hot tub, come talk to us. We’ll walk you through some wonderful options for managing your hot tub water care that are safe, easy to maintain, and feel luxurious. If you’re not into balancing and testing, and you’d love to keep your skin soft, SilkBalance is a nice alternative. If your previously owned hot tub is a Hot Spring Spa, you might be able to retrofit your tub with the ACE Salt Water System. It’s just about as low-maintenance, and natural feeling as hot tub water can get. To learn more drop by one of our stores today
Get ready to enjoy plenty of starry nights, family fun, and singing in the rain! But before you do remember our five suggestions that will help you get off on the right foot, hand, arm, leg, back, neck…..so that you can get the most out of your new hot tub.
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 27 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through water.