Hot Tub Tips for Winter-8 Ways To Prepare for Winter Hot Tubbing
Submerging yourself in the heated water, surrounded by the massaging jets and aromatic scents is absolutely delicious in the winter months.
The philosopher, Alan Watts, used to say, “Consciousness loves contrast.” On a cold day, you body craves heat; on a hot day, you crave cold. Instead of curling up by the fireplace piled with blankets and sweaters, try lolling in the hot tub in the buff.
Your Hot Spring Spa is the perfect warm up tool to use after you’ve raked the leaves for the 10th time this fall, frozen your buns at a Seahawks game, taken in the new snow at Crystal or just strolled through the Arboretum.
I think cold, rainy fall and winter days in Seattle are made for hot tubbing and snowy days, too. Here are some hot tub tips from our Head Service Technician, Reg Akright, that will make your hot tubbing this winter the best ever:
1. Keep hot tub supplies handy. There’s nothing worse than going for a dip and realizing you’re out of shock, SilkBalance or chlorine. With company coming for Thanksgiving, you’ll want your hot tub clean and ready to go. Olympic’s estore has some terrific specials on all SeaKlear Spa Water Care supplies on now. Stock up now and relax knowing you’ll have enough hot tub supplies to last through the winter. Better to be be stocked up than scrambling.
2. Keep your hot tub in good condition. Although it’s easy to forget to maintain your hot tub in the winter, it’s extremely important to continue upkeep even if you’re not using it as much as you would during the summer. Keep the water chemistry in balance and sanitizer levels up.
3. Call now for service to fix anything that’s not working 100%. Most hot tub soaking is at night and on weekends. It’s no fun to head out to the hot tub for relaxation and find no heat or no jets. Call the Service Center Monday-Friday 1-800-431-2876 for service.
4. When time is money and the weather’s bad, call for Olympic’s valet service. Ready for a one time “get set for winter cleaning”? We’ll do everything necessary. Your hot tub will be completely drained & cleaned. Filters cleaned and the Silver Ion replaced. The cover will be clean & conditioned. Ozone performance checked. Start-up products added. Regular price $295 Now $249.00. You can’t beat this service!
5. Clean your hot tub filters regularly. Use our SeaKlear Spa Filter Cleaner Spray a liquid product that greatly improves filter life and efficiency. It is specially made to cleanse body oil & lotions from spa cartridge filters. Used regularly it will extend filter life and assures proper filtration. If they’re over 2-3 years old, you’re in need of new ones. Order now on our e-store.
6. Maintain the water level. The water does evaporate more rapidly off the hot tub surface during cold, dry weather. Make sure that the water is above the skimmer line so you’ll have continued filtration and operational jets.
7. Inspect your hot tub cover in daylight for tears, leakage, or other deformities using our Hot Tub Cover Checkup Sheet. If it’s too heavy to lift, you’re wasting money on energy costs. Installing a well fitting cover in good condition is the number one way to preserve your hot tub’s cleanliness AND save on energy dollars. Time for a new hot tub cover? They’re on sale now!! Call Olympic’s Service Center 1-800-431-2876 to order.
8. Add music and accessories! Make your hot tub area frosty and festive. With the right hot tub accessories, you can make your hot tub experience extra enjoyable. Why not add some a new step, safety rail, or a towel rack? There are a variety of hot tub accessories that you can add to your hot tub to make it convenient and stylish. Check out our estore for the latest hot tub accessories.
RES EST SERVAS VOLUPTAS. Latin for Pleasure is a serious business.
Author: Don Riling
Don Riling is the President of Olympic Hot Tub and has been an active member of the hot tub industry for over 27 years. As the company’s owner since 2016, he has continued Olympic’s legacy of promoting health & wellness through water.